Future Progressive Tense (with Examples)
Future Progressive Tense (with Examples)The future progressive tense is used for an on-going action that will occur in the future.
Examples of the Future Progressive TenseHere are some examples of the future progressive tense (shaded):
- The Moscow State Circus will be performing in Cheltenham for the next 3 weeks.
- We will be celebrating like Kings if it works.
- The Moscow State Circus will not be performing in Cheltenham for the next 3 weeks.
- We will not be celebrating like Kings if it fails.
- Will the Moscow State Circus be performing in Cheltenham for the next 3 weeks?
- Will we be celebrating like Kings if it works?
Forming the Future Perfect TenseHere is an infographic explaining the future progressive tense:
Other Future TensesThe future progressive tense is one of four future tenses. They are:
|The 4 Future Tenses||Example|
|simple future tense||I will go|
|future progressive tense||I will be going|
|future perfect tense||I will have gone|
|future perfect progressive||I will have been going|
Forming the Future Progressive TenseThe future progressive tense is formed like this:
Will be + [verb] + ing
(for singular and plural)
The word that ends ing is known as a present participle. It is formed like this:
Add ing to most verbs:
- play > playing
- shout > shouting
- prepare > preparing
- ride > riding
- lie > lying
- untie > untying
- run > running
- forget > forgetting
Take a longer test on the future progressive tense.
See Also...Take a test on the future progressive tense Tenses Simple past tense Past progressive tense Past perfect tense Past perfect progressive tense Simple present tense Present progressive tense Present perfect tense Present perfect progressive tense Simple future tense Future progressive tense
Future perfect tense Future perfect progressive tense