Our most common search themes:
A Test on Using Commas [show instructions]
This is a game to test your use of commas.
(1) Click on a black square to reveal a question.
(2) To score points, answer the question correctly and, if prompted, give the reason for your answer. (The quicker you answer, the more points you score.)
(3) If you select the wrong answer or take too long, you will score 0 points for that question.
(4) You can review your answers at any point (including at the end of the test), and there are links to the related lessons on Grammar Monster.
(5) Click on your first square square to start. Good luck!
Squares TestMore Fun! Test your memory, spelling, and grammar with our Squares Test.
Using commas (a one-page summary) Commas in numbers Commas with adverbial phrases and clauses Commas after transitional phrases Commas after interjections Commas before conjunctions Commas for parenthesis Commas in lists Commas after long subjects Commas before quotations Commas with the vocative case